Monday 27 June 2011

Banana leaf wrapped cod chargrilled with pesto crumb topping

As a customer was about to devour this exciting ,and very adventurious new summer dish we had just  put on the menu on saturday she asked''Can you eat the Banana leaf?''  I was momentarily lost for words!! Which must be a first...................''I'm not sure ''I said...looking confused.''Well you better go and ask the chef then'' she said in her best school teacher voice so I scuttled away to the kitchen and discussed it with Craig. I had created the dish but I wasn't about to confess I was one of the chefs! We had a brief discussion and decided no it was best not to .I think they were pulling my leg as  they burst into laughter when I returned to the table and told them ''no''.Very amusing.............. never mind I will know the next time I get asked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment