Saturday 7 May 2011

Arbroath Smokie Pate

I'm a great  fan of Tom Kitchin in Edinburgh. I'v eaten there once  last year on his 7 course gastro menu.( thanks for that Ronnie!)He writes a food  page each Sunday for Scotland on Sunday magazine and it is one of my days high lights finding out what he is cooking this week.He has a open plan Kitchen in Leith and if you get a chance to go to Edinburgh I highly recommend you eat there. Anyways I'm going to dedicate this recipy to Tom as he loves Scotland like me and promotes it all the time. I recommend you serve Arbroath Smokie Pate with home made Oatcakes and a mixed leaf salad with some freshly chopped avocado and oranges mixed through.

Recipy

A pair of' real' Arbroath Smokies  warmed ( you can tell they are the real thing if they have string  attached and smoked to their tails!)We warm them slightly so the flesh comes off more easily.
8ozs of cream cheese
3ozs melted butter
Juice of half a lemon
6 grinds of pepper

Remove the flesh from the smoked fish and transfer to a food processor.
Add the cream cheese and whiz for 20 seconds then slowly dribble in the hot butter. Finally add the lemon juice and pepper until it tastes just right

PS.
That reminds me you can't be a cook in a great kitchen if you don't TASTE ALL THE TIME. I'm fed up of telling my chefs to taste everything as they go along. Your senses are a vital part to successful cooking. Taste Taste Taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment