Sunday 8 May 2011

Raspberry white chocolate Tart in sweet butter pastry

Well its Sunday and its been full of April Showers (sorry May Showers!) Its like all the sunshine came in April and this Month we are going to get lots of rain.  However The sun can't shine forever and there is always a silver lining  (or so they say).Rain , at the appropriate time,means we will get wonderful raspberries and soft berries from Blackhouse farm near Reston which is the very best grower in the area.You can go to pick your own fruit in June  from the Swan family and I highly recommend it, the view is spectacular it feels like your in provence in France. and the berries are devine.
 I make wonderful pastry,I know you think I'm being bigheaded but I DO! Saying that there is lots of things I can't do, I can't spell,hopeless at maths ,couldn't do chemistry at school  or Latin or physics but making pastry is something I'm in the top A class. Pity there wasn't a university for top pastry cooks!LoL .I would love to have gone to university I felt I missed out from not going away from home to study what your passionate about. That was the problem of being a child at a Grammar School, the academic expectations was always really high and I was totally and utterly unsuitable  and extreemly miserable (being a very practical person )and still find it hard to forgive my mother for sending me there!! I was 13 years old and very happy in a secondary school
Anyways...........................The secret of good pastry is having cold hands and not over working the dough.Also once you have made a batch ,wrap it in cling film and leave it to rest in the fridge. This white chocolate tart I make is so popular as soon as I put it on the counter it sells like hot cakes. Someone once said you should give cookery classes but it isn't really my thing.  Saying that I love it when we get a school visit and we all make pancakes together but then I feel duty bound to inspire young people to cook and I love giving people happy memories that visit  hopefully  that will last them all their life. The hairdressor I go to  opposite us has a trainee called Rachel and she came to me with her class when she was 9 years old and she still remembers it so fondly and with such affection I feel wow! That's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment