Sunday 1 May 2011

Brandy Snap Basket

When I was reading the Sunday Telegraph  today I saw the  menu for the evening reception for the Royal wedding .The dessert menu included brandy snap baskets  filled with ice -cream as well as trifle and chocolate fondants! It made me smile because recently  we had a  over night michelin inspection and he asked at the end of our discussion if he could see the kitchen and during his tour I showed him the brandy snap baskets that  had been making. I asked him if he thought they were a bit old fashioned. ''Not at all ''he replied ''they showed skill and should be included.'' Now I will always think of the michelin guide and the Royal wedding when I make them. lol I couldn't resist asking the Michelin inspector at the end of  his visit what he thought  of us and his reply was ''Berwick is very lucky to have Sallyport''. In a world of put downs ,you have to roll with the punches and don't dwell on sad things but that is a real positive comment that I won't forget

Brandy Snap Recipy
 2 ozs of butter
2 ozs of syrup
2ozs of sugar
2ozs of plain flour
pinch of ginger

Melt the first three ingredients then add the ginger and flour
place teasp (very widely apart as they spread) on a greased baking tin
bake in a moderate oven till golden brown and bubbling
As soon as they come out the oven drap over an orange or upside down small bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment