Thursday 14 April 2011

13th April 2011

Angus Bread

Angus Bread is an old fashioned tea loaf that my mother used to make 50 years ago ( she is now 92) It is a mixture of dried fruits and sugar steeped over night in cold tea. The following day it is mixed with beaten eggs and flour and a pinch of salt. and baked for 45 mins in a moderate oven . When it is cold it is thinly sliced and served  buttered. It is absolutly delicious. On the subject of tea we are thrilled to be serving Eteaket loose tea from  Frederick Street in Edinburgh.I was lucky enough to go on a tea tasting workshop two weeks ago and I am a complete convert now.I am truly thrilled that Erica is kind enough to supply us wholesale.We are even  going to hold our own tea tasting very soon. We now stock over 30 loose teas for you to enjoy, I will never look at a typhoo tea bag the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment