Tuesday 26 April 2011

Mojito

It feels like summer, I'v been out to buy the bunting ,union jack mugs ,napkins ,tea towels, pimms,we have the barbeque on standby and a real 3 tier wedding cake has been ordered  to be delivered (from the multi talented Moira Kay) on Friday so come on kids get your self along , we can celebrate in style with champagne Afternoon teas and wedding cake.I'm going to make home-made lemonade too. Yes I'v going to feel very British and nostalgic and yes we will have a 42" plasma screen so we can watch Kate and Wills big day.

We have been practising using the barbeque,you have to get the charcoal really hot and let all the flames die down so you have just got glowing embers and have the food very very close,almost touching to the charcoal .  I'm preaching to the converted here I know I'm a complete novice myself, I'v got a lot to learn................but I  am willing and so is the rest of the team.........I think its perfect for a party.
Today dish  isn't really a dish its a cocktail because lets face it not many people want to eat in this weather ..............well that's not quite true as we have been really really busy today in the restaurant ( I think its the hot kitchen that kills your appetite  or rather mine and I'v been doing very long shifts.)

You need the following: A tall slim glass

1 12 mint leaves
2.3 teasp brown sugar
2b.25mls fresh lime juice
3. 50mls Bicardi Gold
4. lots of crushed ice
5 soda water ( just a splash)
6. A whole lime cut up into segments
7. mint to garnish
Method
Crush the mint really well ,we call it muddle, with the lime juice and brown sugar add the crushed ice until your glass is almost full the pour in the rum and with a long spoon mix it all through. Add all your chopped lime and mix that well together finally give it a splash of soda and a sprig of mint to garnish. Serve on a funky napkin with two straws .

 Anyways I'm away to get a mug of Earl Grey tea and Hot toast (Chefs never eat properly)lol

No comments:

Post a Comment