Monday 18 April 2011

Monday 18th April

Simnel Cake

It is one week to Easter and I just feel duty bound to bake a delicious authentic Simnel Cake. In a world full of plastic and throw away material its great news that traditional Cakes are really popular again! As I'v always baked cakes it was news to me that I had been out of fashion all this time but I'm glad I'm cool now. Te he

A proper simnel cake has a layer of marzipan cooked in the middle of the spicy fruit mix. When it is cold I will put a layer of Marzipan on the top and 11 balls( Each ball represents the 11 appostles , Judas  is missing as he betrayed Jesus otherwise there would be 12) and authentically toast it under the grill. It won't be cut  until Easter Sunday when I hope its as delicious as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment