Tuesday 19 April 2011

Tuesday 19th April 2011

Hand-made Granola served with fresh berries , greek yoghurt and heather chain bridge honey

I love breakfast, I love everything about a new day and I especially love eating elegantly...............white china, Arthur price cutlery, wild flowers in a little jug on your table. You can tell alot from how a table is set  when you first sit down at it................................has someone flung  the cutlery  on the night before in a hurry to go home,not bothered to put the teaspoon on the right side of the tea cup or worse put the cup and saucer on the wrong side or  left a stain on the table or left water stains on a glass or maybe even a  lipstick smear or has some thoughtful person set the table properly with care.  I always look over the breakfasts tables when I first get up  in the morning,to check they are okay.It takes alot to impress me but then I like things to be done properly and I like things to be done right so with that in mind I think its important I make the granola by hand and not buy mass pro-duced ,expensive  over pack-aged stuff. So I take some runny honey some sunflower oil and some malt extract and boil it together for a minute so it forms a sauce and then I spread it through an assortment of grains,nuts ,seeds and coconut and then toast it in a oven for 20 mins so its beautiful( and I want to show it off to any one that walks in to the kitchen) Yes wonderfully cooked food does really excite me I could talk about it for hours and hours but like many chefs I have the same breakfast on the hoof day after day and its home -made marmalade on  home-made wholemeal bread toasted.........with a mug of Earl Grey tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment